ADVERTISEMENT

Notes on the Ducks via Oregon's Rivals site

Guerriero

Buff Heisman
Staff
Apr 22, 2019
Boulder
Did a note swap with A.J. Jacobson, publisher of DuckSportsAuthority.com, which provides daily coverage on Oregon athletics for Rivals.

Some excerpts:

"Colorado has been putting up points on people but Oregon has not been giving up many. That will be a great matchup that will lead to some excellent plays on both sides. I think the Ducks have an advantage with their offense against the Buffaloes defense, as long as they are not their own worst enemy as they are when they struggle."

"Oregon players and coaches have been saying all week that they think CU has the best offense they will have faced so far this year."

A.J.'s full remarks are below:

https://colorado.rivals.com/news/fraternizing-with-the-enemy-notes-on-the-no-13-oregon-ducks

I did notice how A.J. said Justin Herbert has been "good not great." His stat line certainly implies otherwise but there seems to be more than meets the eye with him.

Oregon has ultimately looked cold offensively for the last two weeks but will face a CU defense that let up 30 points a game at full health, but of course with the injury bugs ravaging the Buffs on D, a clear disadvantage seems forthcoming for CU. Who knows though, a flawless, i.e. less than 2 punt performance by CU's offense combined with a few takeaways and Oregon's O playing in similar fashion to weeks' past, and who knows, Colorado might stand a chance. That's a lot of "if's" swinging in favor of CU, though.

I'll admit it, I lack the boldness to predict a Colorado win this Friday, though I don't think the Buffs will get blown out. I've got Oregon winning 40-27.

Whatcha got?

Reactions: LA_Buff
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News