ADVERTISEMENT

Notes From Practice today post #1

SoCo Buff

Buff Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2007
First the Football Fever for sure started in me today. We are less than 20 days away from kickoff. The AD team talked over breakfast. My notes:

• All naming rights are at play, they have hired a group to work on the stadium, the new 25 yard line options, indoor facility etc. This is an urgency but it seamed from the tone it was harder than they want it to me. Not sure if $ amount or just sponsors?
  • They fully believe as @dtownbuff said we are just a few years away from another shift. They didn't say it but the comment was due to PAC 12 network not being part of Nelson's ratings we are currently dead last in the BIG12 for "exposure" This is done over a 7 year span. Last year was great we were #3 in the country, but 6 years before that really hurt us.
  • No new sports for a very long time.. felt like forever unless it was needed and if it was it would be a very small sport, mentioned woman's marathon or something.
  • Third best year in fundraising in school history (July 23 to June 2024) Last year was #1
  • About $21M must be "given" to student athletes going into 2025, it is 22% of revenue the Athletic Department takes in. Not donations.
  • 105 total players, we have about 125 now, so it will actually cut players.
  • Scholarships can be done how ever they want as well as the division of the profit sharing piece. Give a "walk on" a $10,000 scholarship and $500 a month, or Full scholarship and $5,000,000.
  • They believe where it is at now will change before it is set in stone in 2025.
  • This year RG is all about exposure (answers some questions) we need to get the viewers up so we make to cut so to speak. (this is my interpretations to what he said)
  • West side is a ways out, felt like it will only happen if we make the cut in 2028 or whenever it is. Unless a giant donor comes in.
  • Last a note the food staff is awesome! Third or fourth mean I have had during a "players event" and it was wonderful.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.