ADVERTISEMENT

Note on that Oklahoma LB commit recently offered

Guerriero

Buff Heisman
Staff
Apr 22, 2019
Boulder
I posted to the boards a couple days ago news that Colorado had offered Oklahoma LB commit Edgerrin Cooper, who originally hails from New Orleans.

I know a few of you had asked for context and any additional details on the situation, so I did go about gathering some of that and wanted to share.

Ultimately, I, and from what I've been told by a few people, don't see much happening here in terms of CU being able to flip him. LSU recently issued an offer to him, as well, which generated some excitement for Ergerrin, as the Tigers I think originally overlooked him but then came back late after he'd committed with an offer (he committed to the Sooners back in mid-June).

I'm hearing that if any school had a chance to flip him, it would have been LSU, which now from what I've been told has backed off a bit in efforts to do so.

I think some of you made the inference that Cooper might be an unofficial guest this weekend in Boulder — that also does not appear to be true, although it certainly would have been nice.

At the end of the day, sometime's there's just not much there in trying to piece together a tangible connection between Colorado and these recruits, and in the case of Edgerrin Cooper, I think it's fair to say that there simply just isn't much there.

I'll continue to keep a tab on him and will report back if I hear anything on the other side of the above coin, i.e., favorable to the Buffs, but as it sits right now I don't see Colorado as a horse in this flip race, if there are even any horses remaining.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News