ADVERTISEMENT

New offers in Missouri, Montana and Idaho: Darian Hagan and Kyle DeVan

Guerriero

Buff Heisman
Staff
Apr 22, 2019
Boulder
Wanted to relay a few offers to get posted recently by recruits in non-traditional recruiting grounds that I thought were interesting.

I need to get his high school changed, because it appears he transferred from De Smet to Lutheran of St. Charles County for his senior year, but three-star Missouri (St. Louis) tailback Allen Mitchell picked up an offer from Darian Hagan. He has a growing list of schools after him, including Kansas State (probably the frontrunners at this early stage), Illinois, Minnesota and Michigan State.

5-foot-11, 181-pound prospect and just shy of four-star status.

As for DeVan, he recently offered three-star tackle Jacob Anderson out of Billings (West) Montana. The Buffs are in the hunt for him now, as is Baylor, Montana State, Oregon State and (yet to offer, but pursuing him) UW and Iowa.

I always take the recruiting rankings for kids in the boonies with a grain of salt. In my experience, they can be among the last guys to get properly evaluated. Not saying Anderson is destined to be a four-star or anything like that, but just keep in mind that there probably hasn't been a lot of eyes on him yet.

DeVan also dipped into Meridian (Rocky Mountain) Idaho to offer three-star tackle Jackson Fullmer. Colorado appears to be his first P5 offer; Boise State, Utah State and K-State are among the other programs to have issued offers to him.

To transition to my own two cents, I imagine it'll be one some minds that DeVan isn't exactly blowing the lid off the top when it comes to the offers he's issuing, at least in comparison to the flashy start that Phil McGeoghan has had. But for me, I want to give DeVan a chance to get settled, identify recruiting grounds that he thinks he can dip into, evaluate and then get going.

Curious to see this new staff bring in their inaugural commits for 2023. Mike Sanford and McGeoghan have. Wonder who's next.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News