ADVERTISEMENT

National Signing Day Primer

MikeSinger

Buff Hall of Famer
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
Alright fellas, tomorrow is National Signing Day for the class of 2018!

Expected announcements by Colorado
OLB Alex Tchangam
RB Travon McMillian

-- I'd be absolutely shell shocked if there were any other guys that Colorado signed other than these two.

-- The Vanderbilt punter transfer, Sam Loy, is not expected to be announced on Wednesday. I don't think the Buffs are putting him on scholarship right away.

-- I reported back in the spring that the Buffs were looking to have 20-22 guys in this class. I expected the higher end of that range, and that's what is happening as they're bringing in 22. The Buffs signed 20 in December, leaving very little drama and excitement for the NSD we're used to.

-- I spoke to a source yesterday about Colorado's scholarship numbers, as I currently have them at 91. There is absolutely no worry on the CU end about the numbers, which obviously should be the case, but it's still good to hear.

-- It's interesting that some of the guys that signed letters of intent in December can be put on grayshirt, delaying their enrollment to 2019. I'm told there will be a grayshirt or two, and then there will be additional attrition somewhere during the spring. I'm not going to speculate on who could transfer because I really don't know, but guys buried on the depth chart who sit behind younger players are always good bets.

-- Over the weekend, Colorado brought in JC DB Lamar Dawson for an official visit. Dawson reported to me that Colorado didn't have the room to sign him but would still be in touch with him. My CU source confirmed that's accurate. Which then begs the question -- why did CU bring him in at all then?

-- In terms of NSD coverage, I will have a "Signing Day Central" thread for everyone to comment on. I will be continually updating the original post in that thread with updates. With only just two signings, it's not going to be very exciting, but MacIntyre will hold a press conference at 2:10 p.m. MT, which will be interesting. I will have a thread with a link to watch that and I will post presser updates for those who can't listen.

-- If you have any questions, let me know.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News