ADVERTISEMENT

My thoughts and concerns….

drchrishall

Buff Heisman
Gold Member
Sep 12, 2003
Ok @BuffaLaw8487 and @dtownbuff , let’s get after it!!

1. As I mentioned a couple times in other threads, Shadeur Sanders looks a little bit off on his short throws especially.

2. Travis Hunter is playing incredibly well on both sides of the ball. I guess other teams simply aren’t even throwing his way. His tacking is WAY better this year as well, and he is MUCH more aggressive now.

3. I am not a Will Sheppard fan right now. I think we should let Omarian Miller play instead.

4. While I am liking what I’m seeing with a little bit more emphasis on the run game, it is hard to know why our offensive line is so bad still. Maybe the predictability of the passing game has something to do with it, but it seems like we should be able to coach our guys better. do they really have absolutely no talent, or is it all poor coaching, or is it lack of continuity, or combination of all the above? We better get it figured out otherwise SS might be killed this year.

5. I think our defense is actually playing pretty well. We are still way too vulnerable to the quarterback draw, as it seems every college quarterback these days is very mobile and it’s killing us, and we are vulnerable to gash plays still but generally our defense is playing pretty salty and I like it. I am a Livingston fan.

6. Not sure what that defense is where we leave the middle completely open, apparently to let linebackers make plays? We just get gashed every time we line up that way - and often in short yardage situations.

7. I do love Cam Silmon-Craig.

8. Special teams not very special. Kickoffs gonna be interesting the rest of the year!

9. Clock management still suspect. Granted the refs really hurt us with a really bad call when we should’ve had a first down, or at the very least they should’ve stopped the clock to see if we had a first down, essentially costing us about 25 seconds and a time out near the end of the game.

10. I haven’t seen as many unsportsmanlike conduct penalties recently, possibly because Shiloh has been injured and off the field.

11. I wonder why we can’t get our TE involved a little bit more. We try, but the plays we try on just don’t seem like the best fit for our particular TEs. I would like to see them throw over the middle to them more.

12. Travis Hunter might be the closest thing to unstoppable on offense that I’ve seen for quite some time.

13. I like Micah best at RB, at least until Hayden gets back.

14. Not sure if I could completely tell on TV or not, but it seemed like the fans stayed the whole game. Yes, debatable decision to rush the field, but having that much fan support in the rain in a game where we really weren’t playing that well is a very good sign.

Whatu got!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.