ADVERTISEMENT

More on Philly OT Naquil Betrand, who breaks down commitment

Guerriero

Buff Heisman
Staff
Apr 22, 2019
Boulder
Betrand is a confident kid, there's no doubt. However, inevitably, he will face a moment upon getting to college where technique and work ethic are going to determine his career trajectory far more than his size, which, at the Pennsylvania high school level, has undoubtedly been a key to his success.

Size is great and can't be taught, but like Gerad Christian-Lichtenhan a few recruiting classes ago, those behemoths often get to college needing refinement as far as utilizing leverage, mastering how to angle their body and footwork, etc. is concerned.

I don't mean to be a negative Nancy when it comes to talking about the kid's confidence, but I only want to be a realist with respect to expectations of him.

On a separate note, Betrand choosing CU means he's going to college far from home. From what I've gathered, he's very tight with his mom, grandma and family in general in the Philly area.

I would speculate with reasonable confidence that the Buffs should maintain a certain level of concern that he could be susceptible to reconsidering things based on the close-to-home factor. Not saying that's a sure bet, but as the days and months go on, it will become something to monitor.

He's set to visit CU and meet the coaches in-person for the first time this April, so that will be an important trip in terms of further solidifying things with him.

Kyle DeVan definitely likes him and CU recruiting the Philadelphia area, a non-traditional recruiting ground, for an OL is also telling in how the Buffs' staff feels about Betrand.

Gotta stay on him, nail that April visit and hope he comes to college ready to compete and improve.

Naquil Betrand excited for opportunity with the Buffs

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News