ADVERTISEMENT

Mel Tucker's recruiting weekend, con't:

Guerriero

Buff Heisman
Staff
Apr 22, 2019
Boulder
A day or so ago I posted a thread indicating that come CU coaches, Mel Tucker among them, were in the state of Texas to conduct some bye week recruiting.

Well, based on some obscure crumbs dropped on Twitter and some stuff I myself have heard, in specific regards to what Tucker was up to this weekend, I think it is REASONABLE to deduce that he was checking out the following two players, both QBs and both guys that were originally recruited (at the minimum offered) under Mike MacIntyre's staff.

1. Chandler Morris of Highland Park HS: Three-star 2020 QB and son of the recently fired Chard Morris, formerly HC of Arkansas. The younger Morris was committed from mid-June until shortly after the news of his dad's firing. Now his recruitment is re-opened. He was offered by CU in Sept. of last year.

Tucker's presence at Highland Park this weekend I cannot fully confirm, but I do have reason to suspect he was there and to my knowledge, Morris is the only player on the Scots to hold an offer from CU. Certainly doesn't rule out Tucker was potentially looking at other guys, and this should not cause any drama or concern in regards to the 2020 QB situation — Brendon Lewis was watched live Friday by Tucker and Jay Johnson, but interesting nonetheless.

2. Preston Stone of Parish Episcopal, 2021 QB: Stone I can be more certain of in terms of Tucker checking him out individually. This guy is a big-time Texas QB. 6-foot-2, 205 pounds and already has 42 offers. Sheesh. He's also the No. 1 ranked QB in the state for the 2021 class...5th ranked overall recruit for TX in '21.

PE's head coach tweeted the below picture out and again, along the same lines of what I said above, Stone is the only player on the roster who holds a Colorado offer, which came way back in May of 2018.

Think it's fair to say Stone was the priority target for Tucker in his visit there.

At least in regards to Tucker himself, there is good reason, as I indicated above — and especially pertaining to Stone, that those dudes were looked at over the weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News