ADVERTISEMENT

Meet the Early Enrollee: Tyler Lytle

MikeSinger

Buff Hall of Famer
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
I spoke with new Colorado quarterback Tyler Lytle. He is always an awesome interview. Check out his thoughts below.

586d1fc8e3ded-IMG_9528.JPG

What is the date you report?

Lytle: "I fly in on January 11 and report January 12.

Has it set in with you that you're about to be at Colorado?

Lytle: "Absolutely. I can't wait to officially get started in the program. Also, I found out I was directly admitted into the Leeds School of Business.

What are your emotions right now before enrolling?

Lytle: "I'm just fired up to get there and get going. I have been looking forward to playing at the next level for a long time. It is a dream come true."

What has the CU coaching staff said to you lately?

Lytle: "I just spoke to coach Lindgren yesterday. He can’t wait to get me there and start learning the offense and compete this spring."

Have you embraced becoming a leader in the 2017 class for the Buffs? Is that a role you see yourself in?

Lytle: "Yes, I love being the leader in my class and certainly will continue in that role. I am completely comfortable and relish being a leader."

Were there any interesting stories in your recruitment that you'd like to share? Anything funny or intriguing?

Lytle: "Nothing specific, other than it has just been a wild ride even up to now. The number of schools persistently still trying to recruit is unreal. Overall, it is a very humbling experience to have the number of schools I had that wanted me to lead their program. I never once took the process for granted and am extremely thankful for experiencing it and their interest in what I bring to the program."

With Sefo leaving, do you expect to get into the quarterback battle this spring?

Lytle: "Absolutely, no question. I 100% expect to compete to be the guy. I am working my butt off now and not going to let up at all through my playing career to be the best.

What is your message to Buff Nation about what the next four years will be like?

Lytle: "It is going to be a great ride and they should expect nothing less than championships and bowl games over the years. It can and will be done. I am going to give it all I have to deliver beyond their expectations."

586d147f981ff-16440768479_198574ff6b_k.jpg

586d14742f69c-16396016907_fd1d369988_k.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News