ADVERTISEMENT

Meet the Early Enrollee: Isaiah Lewis

MikeSinger

Buff Hall of Famer
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
The early enrollee recruits in Colorado's 2017 class are reporting to campus next week, and I am trying to catch up with all of them before they do so. Here is my Q&A with incoming safety Isaiah Lewis.

What is your report date at Colorado?

Lewis: "I leave for Colorado on January 11 and get there on the 12."

Has it hit you that your report date is so close?

Lewis: "Every day I think about it, and it's like, wow, this is really happening. I'm excited and ready to take it all on. I can't wait."

What has you excited the most about being at Colorado?

Lewis: "I'm really excited to get into a new environment and get with my new teammates for the next four years. I want to get to know the program, coaches, and players and have a great time up there."

Coach Clark is expected to be announced as a DB's coach at Oregon. Was he recruiting you at Colorado?

Lewis: "He recruited me, but it was a couple of coaches that were all talking to me. Of the DB coaches, he was the main one recruiting me, yeah."

I'm guessing that him and coach Leavitt leaving didn't change much for you.

Lewis: "When coach Leavitt left, it wasn't going to change what me and the other commits are going to do at Colorado. We have one goal in mind, and that's not only to improve ourselves, but help improve the team and keep the rise going. It doesn't change what we've got in mind."

Were there any interesting stories that happened in your recruitment that you'd like to share?

Lewis: "It was really just a dream come true to get the Colorado offer after I went to their camp. I'm just blessed that it happened."

How's your relationship with the other Colorado commits? How tight are you with those guys?

Lewis: "Very close. We all love each other and are all excited to get up there. No one is really changing up because of coaches moving, because we're all stuck together and can't wait to get there and get to work."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News