ADVERTISEMENT

MBB: Bryce Peters (NEW SENIOR MIXTAPE)

Adam Munsterteiger

Folsom Field King
Aug 5, 2003
Superior, CO
www.buffstampede.com

I caught up with Buffs signee Bryce Peters today to talk to him about his stellar senior season. He averaged 25 points per game, the second most by a player in Damien High School history. He set school records for most free-throws made in a game (19-for-19), most points scored in a home game (44) and most three-pointers in a home game (9). He accomplished that while facing extra pressure for opposing defenses. “I saw triangle-and-two defenses, I saw box-and-one defenses, I faced one-three-one-traps when I got the ball past half-court. It was all over the place,” Peters said. “The only team I would say that really didn't change anything was Chino Hills. They played straight-up (and he scored 31)." Peters is set to arrive in Boulder in early June and he is optimistic about his chances of making an impact as a freshman. “They want me to come in and score, do a lot of the same things I did this year at Damien," he said. "They were always asking me how many three-pointers I was making in games because I know they shoot a lot of threes. They wanted me to work on my free-throws and I shot 94 percent from the free-throw line during the season.. And defensively they just want me to help them contain the opposing point guard because they know I am a bigger guard than what they have there at Colorado right now. They see me as a point guard, but I am assuming I will play the one and the two.” I'll have more in a front page update shortly.

Reactions: Ralphieburger
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News