ADVERTISEMENT

Latest on Dominik Olejniczak - Headed to Ole Miss

Adam Munsterteiger

Folsom Field King
Aug 5, 2003
Superior, CO
www.buffstampede.com
ydwt4ux.jpg

Update: Dominik Olejniczak set to play in the SEC -> Original Post: Dominik Olejniczak (Oh-lah-KNEE-chick) is finishing up finals at Drake and will be flying home to Poland tomorrow to discuss his upcoming transfer decision with his family. The 7-foot, 250-pound center is done with visits after checking out Colorado, Cal, Ole Miss and Nevada. Olejniczak has played it extremely close to the vest so I don't have a firm prediction here. (Anyone that is making a prediction right now is probably guessing) I do know the Buffs put the full court press on and did everything they could, without cheating, to try to get Olejniczak to Boulder. CU's coaches even used an interpreter to communicate with the people closest to him back in Poland since most of them don't speak English. Expect Olejniczak to announce where he will be transferring to sometime before the end of next week.

I have had a few posts on Olejniczak on the board in recent weeks, but in case you haven't been following, he is the Buffs' top transfer target. He turned heads while playing with and against CU's big men, including Josh Scott, during his trip to Boulder. Olejniczak shot 72.2 percent in 30 games as a freshman at Drake, and he came on strong at the end of the season, averaging 10.3 points over his final nine games. He will have to sit out the 2016-17 season due to transfer rules and will then have three years of eligibility remaining.

A couple of the other transfers Colorado had been in contact with earlier this spring have since committed elsewhere. Former Arkansas guard Jimmy Whitt is set to transfer to SMU and former Louisiana Tech guard Dayon Griffin plans to transfer to UCF.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News