ADVERTISEMENT

Keys to success this year in MBB....

stealthbuff

Senior Starter
Gold Member
Oct 16, 2016
I think the biggest problem with MBB is the fact that we play too many guys overall and we sub too many guys at once. If we were Kentucky or Kansas where they have 10 high school all americans every year i can understand rolling 10 or 11 guys because sheer talent can overcome alot. HCTB seems to think he's still at Kansas - maybe one day but not right now. The problem when you dont have that kind of talent is that the additional disruption of constantly changing lineups and combinations on the floor can be overwhelming. There is no chance to get comfortable with your teammates' tendencies and when you do, 3 new guys are thrown onto the floor. The youth of our team this year creates more uncertainty as well. As a result we see big runs where we look completely lost on the floor and before you know it we are down by 10.

I think at least 2 and ideally 3 of Wright, Wright, Collier and King have to be on the floor always. Walton should play as much as he can assuming he is not tired or in foul trouble -he creates things on the offensive and defensive ends that nobody else on our team can create. Then Bey, Schwartz, and Lazur get the majority of the remaining minutes and Brown and Siewert only play sparingly or in the case of Brown if we need defense on a guard or Siewert if we need a 3 pt shot.

With the above approach we will win more games. Brown and Siewert may choose to transfer or maybe figure out how to get better, either way it would be better than giving them playing time that they are not currently earning

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News