ADVERTISEMENT

JR Payne receives five-year extension

Nikkieds

Buff All-American
Gold Member
Jul 19, 2022

According to Brian Howell, Payne is receiving a "huge" raise. Prior to the extension, she was the lowest paid WBB coach in the Pac-12.

From the press release:

"JR Payne has done an outstanding job with our basketball program," George said. "I have a lot of confidence in her ability to lead and create an outstanding culture in her program and I'm excited that we have extended her contract. After reaching the NCAA Tournament for the second straight season and making a run to the Sweet 16, I felt that this was the right time to make this change to her contract. I look forward to the program continuing its upward trajectory moving forward."

Payne concluded her seventh season in Boulder with a 25-9 record, marking the most wins for the Buffs since the 2012-13 season.

"I'm so thankful to Rick George and our administration for their support and belief in our staff," Payne expressed. "We have poured our heart and soul into building this program into something special and we're so thankful for the opportunity to continue to push ourselves to national prominence. We love Colorado and know that we will continue to do everything we can to make all of Buff Nation proud! We're ready to keep doing big things in Boulder!"

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News