ADVERTISEMENT

Johnson heading to East Lansing, too.

Guerriero

Buff Heisman
Staff
Apr 22, 2019
Boulder
Less than a week after former Buffaloes head coach Mel Tucker decided to leave CU after 14 months as head coach for Michigan State, on Monday it was announced that o-line coach Chris Kapilovic would also depart for East Lansing. Later in the evening, Brian Howell of the Boulder Daily Camera reported offensive coordinator / QBs coach Jay Johnson also planned to join the staff at MSU.

Only wonder who's next now that a floodgate may have opened...

giphy.gif

Hopefully Sparty pays CU to take on Tyson Summers is next

Last edited:
It is very unlikely these guys would be retained by the new coach. I guess the only situation where this hurts us, is if Chiv stayed as interim coach with the assumption that the rest of the coaches would’ve stayed as well. Just a very unlikely scenario all in all however. This is expected news. .

Can't see any interim coaching scenario. That seems rather mickey mouse to me. RG will find our guy and we will move on and be the better for it.

Reactions: dtownbuff
See ya good riddance, was not impressed with him at all..actually I was kinda hoping he would leave especially after watching his garbage coaching many a times. Bye!

Johnson was a turd of a coach...good riddance! Sparty fans gotta be stoked that Mel is bringing the 5-7 PAC 12 crew with him...huge assistant coaching pool and all.

They are funny they were all talkin bout stealing them cookies all the way til Johnson

But yet Midnight Mel needed all that AC budget - basically MSU is paying a staff from CU, 2x+ the money....I find it some what telling BIG10 money at MSU can’t pull ACs from SEC Kentucky. He will be an SEC coach within 3 years....and I hope he struggles for the rest of his HC career.

Less than a week after former Buffaloes head coach Mel Tucker decided to leave CU after 14 months as head coach for Michigan State, on Monday it was announced that o-line coach Chris Kapilovic would also depart for East Lansing. Later in the evening, Brian Howell of the Boulder Daily Camera reported offensive coordinator / QBs coach Jay Johnson also planned to join the staff at MSU.

Only wonder who's next now that a floodgate may have opened...
We'll get a HC hired and do some poaching of our own. We will suffer from this betrayal short term but In the big picture we're better rid of Tucker sooner than later. He would have stabbed us eventually. At least he left us in much better shape talent wise and we have a good base to build on.

There were some talented young players on that offense. A few are going to the nfl combine. This guy squeezed 5 wins out of them.
I will tell all of you a good MT story as I hung with him for a few hours super bowl sunday.....even have pictures and witnesses.
ok! Let’s hear it!

During 2019. Offense regressed as the season went along. Defense improve dramatically. JJ is no big loss.

MSU fans must be wondering what they bought with all that money. MT has not be able to attract anyone beside MSU and CU staff. Turned down by all the bigger names he sought. MSU probably takes a step back in recruiting with potential sanctions and MT exit form CU used against them. MSU will be career suicide for MT. Good luck MT as you finish behind Indiana the next few years.

So with all the gazillions in MSU’s coffers, the best they can do is raid MT’s old 5-7 staff.

Heart: no biggie, new coach always brings his guys.

Head: I’m sick and tired of NCAA sports turning into a money grab for everybody except the players. I’m about done with the whole industry. It’s not fun any more.

Bro I like summers... We were decimated in the secondary and he did a good job getting those players up to speed. Look at the UW and Stan game.... I think the sky is the limit with summers. Now Johnson... So happy he is gone.

I too thought Summers did a good job. The whole defense progressed significantly through the season, seemingly much more so, than the offense. Would be fine if he was able to stay on as DC. Els, and Michalowski too. Don’t have an opinion on Tillman.

I will tell all of you a good MT story as I hung with him for a few hours super bowl sunday.....even have pictures and witnesses.

I would hope you wouldn't. That was non public time and if you got an invite to hang with him or hosted him I would hope you would have more class than to hold something that might have happened during adult time off the clock against him. I have zero interest in this.

There were some talented young players on that offense. A few are going to the nfl combine. This guy squeezed 5 wins out of them.

ok! Let’s hear it!
I dont know man... that would mean that we really dont need the position coaches either.

Wow, that’s crazy for a team who’s coaches were so focused last year on getting the players conditioned to win the 4th quarter.

Reactions: SpenceyO
I wonder what it was in 2018? I am surprised at that, but we had some games against the likes of Arizona, USC, WSU, UCLA where we could not score late and the defense wilted.

I was wondering that as well. 2018 might look as bad or worse. For example, the 2018 OSU debacle alone would affect those stats, but I can’t remember if the carnage in that game was 3rd quarter or 4th quarter, or both.

“Don't let the door hit ya, where the good lord split ya”. Seriously....that 1995 offense we were running cannot win in the PAC 12. LSU proved you are going to have to change it up and score points, even in the SEC. our offense was f*cking offensive last year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT