ADVERTISEMENT

Illinois at Nebraska game thread

rward

Folsom Field King
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Started this as a game discussion thread, but also post some talk about how the fake sellout streak might be taking away the will to do some renovation to the stadium

Sam McKewon on the sellout streak:"I'm probably a little less romantic as others are. At this point, I think it's a streak that might almost be keeping Nebraska back from some innovation. So long as you can say, 'well, we're selling out the stadium because these three wealthy people keep buying tickets that people don't actually want,' we're not going to transform the stadium.

For me, it's about transforming the stadium. Get a new video board in the North Stadium...it's not functional anymore. Get a video board in the South Stadium. Improve the experience for the fans who are showing up. And sometimes I think that sellout streak can almost work against you...

At some point you're going to run up against, unless Rhule wins big and he may well do that, you're going to run up against a fanbase who's going to be like "as much as I love it, I'm going to come once or twice a year and not get season tickets because the experience at home is so good and the experience at the stadium is not as good.'...

My thoughts on the streak is it's valuable, it has historic value, there is a romanticism to it, and it speaks well to Husker fans. I just want to make sure it doesn't prevent the kind of innovation that is really helpful for fans enjoying those experiences."

-Sam McKewon, Pick Six Podcast, 9/19/24

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.