ADVERTISEMENT

Huntley

SD Buff

Folsom Field King
Gold Member
Jan 14, 2002
San Diego
h/t to Kyle's retweet.

I was told long ago that Huntley really wanted to play in the PAC. I haven't been sweating his Syracuse visit (which means he probably flips to them, right?) ...

Anyway - I definitely skipped a beat when I got to the end of this Syracuse article. LINK

Syracuse, N.Y. — As Dino Babers and his assistant coaches continue their recruiting efforts with National Signing Day only a month away, a host of Class of 2016 targets prepare for their official visits to Syracuse.

One such visitor, South Plantation (Fla.) High School wide receiver, Johnny Huntley, has been in close contact with incoming SU secondary coach Nick Monroe.

Huntley, who will visit on Jan. 15., said he speaks with Monroe every other day and has also discussed his visit with Babers over the phone.

"(Monroe) was recruiting me at Bowling Green very heavily," Huntley said, "so when he moved to Syracuse, I was probably one of the first recruits that he talked to."

The 6-foot-3, 196-pound Huntley is rated three stars and the No. 96 wide receiver in the Class of 2016, according to 247Sports.com's composite rankings. He pledged to Colorado on Aug. 4 and said he remains fully committed.

However, Babers' uptempo spread offense excites him. After learning under Art Briles at Baylor, Babers put up tremendous offensive numbers at Eastern Illinois and Bowling Green.

"Their quarterback threw for (46) touchdowns at Bowling Green this year so I know they can go to Syracuse and probably do the same thing," Huntley said.

Huntley said Monroe has also discussed the possibility for early playing time.

Along with Huntley on his visit will be South Planation running back Anthony Julmisse, a close friend and fellow Colorado commit. The two have been playing together since they were 5 years old, Huntley said.

Huntley said he also plans on visiting Washington toward the end of January. He already took his official visit to Colorado on Oct. 3.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News