ADVERTISEMENT

How we feelin'?

Longtimebuff1

Buff Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jul 31, 2002
Boulder, Colorado
Hey y'all how you feeling today?

A child has to crawl before it can walk. CU is not going to be able to "walk the walk" until the offensive line starts to crawl, then stand up and walk the walk with the rest of the team.

Put simply when CU commits to running the ball and getting really good at that is when we're going to start getting good results. In our proud history we have never been good when all we do is throw the ball. CU has been very good when we play defense and when we run the ball down the throat of the other team.

I think I have managed to divorce myself from outcomes at this point, even though I badly want our team to beat CSU tonight. Generally I'm hoping for incremental improvement and I'm hoping for life on the offense of line.

To answer my OP question I don't feel good about this game tonight. I say this in the sense that it's a trap game for CU because they're walking into a similar environment as they walked into last week in Nebraska. CSU will bring high energy, lots of pride in their team and their program. They're playing us at home for the first time in 30 years. Our offensive line sucks badly. And that's not something you can just flip a switch and fix overnight.

CU has more talent by miles than CSU. But I think CSU has their hearts invested in this in a way that CU doesn't. CU is kind of a superficial program with no foundation right now.

And that troubles me not just for this game but going forward. It's going to take effort and focus to improve and get to the point of where we can start winning. And I'm not sure that this team on offense is capable of putting together that long-term effort and focus in the sense that I don't know if they really desire to win for Colorado.

I think the key for CU to have a chance in this game and any game going forward is for the defense to step up and start owning their side of the ball for the entire game. And if my memory serves me, that's kind of how it goes for teams that are trying to crawl out of a hole like CU has been in. Defense takes over and starts keeping games to within a touchdown going into the fourth quarter and then get the ball back or create a situation that gives the offense a chance to win the game late. That's what I'm hoping to see in every game is the defense be the headline for CU while the offense figures their s*** out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.