ADVERTISEMENT

Hindsight....

OhioBuffs

Buff Heisman
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2021
Saw this idea floated elsewhere - and it sorta resonated with me. What if (imagine if you will)....

RG didnt panic, call Boulder County zoning and look to see if any coaches were building locally.

INSTEAD -

He named Chev interim and then went out and did his due diligence and really worked hard at finding the new guy.

There is precedent. After Ohio St booted Tressel in 2010 or 2011, Luke Fickell was named interim. CU played at Ohio St that year. Think Bucks went 6-6 or something like that. Fickell was basically auditioning. Then they brought in Urban. And Cincy said yes please after more grooming and learning under Urban. I know that is blueblood stuff - Tressel to Fickell to Meyer. So omit the names perhaps and think about the idea/concept itself.

Its an interesting idea I admit. Not sure how or what names would work at CU or if it would work at all....just saw the idea floated and like I said, there is precedent that I lived thru locally.

Who knows - all I know is that in typical Checkers fashion, after a strong start (2 games in 2020) the offense has regressed and since that fast start, CU is a putrid 1-5 under this regime with the O really dragging its ass. Again, there was precedent. After a strong start in 18, the O went stale and we lost 7 in a row. HCMM even said the offense was inept then. Yet here we are, with another year and another inept O and we are writing about a single damn drive in a game thinking WERE BACK BABY or some weird shit like that. CU will win 2 games total this year if they are lucky.

Sorry for the rant. Im really apathetic here. I didnt stay up and watch the ASU game - thought my 31-13 prediction was safe, and it was. And while USC aint a world beater and has fired their coach (a real AD right there) they will completely out athlete us and we will have 0 answers. We might throw up another goose egg this week. I mean are any of you, if you ask yourself honestly, remotely thinking we can hang with them? For me, this is really a blessing in disguise - Dorrell should have never been the coach here. He is stale. This rapid decline and departure from being even competitive will do nothing but speed up his exodus. And I honestly hope he takes George with him, although George will probably 'retire' or move on before that happens. Self - preservation.

We should really just schedule Vandy each year and play every week. 6 home - 6 away.

Rant over. This team and staff sucks. George sucks for this hire and should be held accountable. Too bad the ivory tower at CU doesnt give a F and is too blind to see how football is a INVESTMENT not EXPENSE.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News