ADVERTISEMENT

HCKD: WR Keith Miller and RB Joe Davis likely looking at redshirts this year

Guerriero

Buff Heisman
Staff
Apr 22, 2019
Boulder
Not exactly a surprise, but certainly adds come clarity and removes the need for speculation, given Davis and Miller both hadn't been dressing this year.

Dorrell on Davis: “He’s come and had some discussions with me. He feels he wants to get bigger and stronger and we have a lot of depth at running back right now. He has asked for a chance to redshirt, work with the scout team and get bigger.”

“The guys that are willing to do that and want to do that, I’ve been pretty — I would probably go ahead and grant those opportunities."

I then followed up with Dorrell on Miller, asking if he was in the same boat as Davis, to which Dorrell replied:

“Pretty much. There’s guys like that and again, the four-game (redshirt) rule along the course of 12 games, it makes (redshirting) a lot easier to manage. He’s still up and ready if we need him, but he’s in a very similar situation.”

My own two cents: Davis walks into Dorrell's office and tells him face-to-face that his frame is not good enough and that he wants to work with the scout team to improve it. Miller goes on Twitter and accuses the coaching staff of playing favoritism with his fellow WR's parents as a reason he isn't seeing the field.

Look — I can only imagine how frustrating a lack of playing time is for anyone. I'm not trying to take any shots here and I'll fully admit that I don't know the full circumstances of either player's situation. That being said, one guy seems to have gone about things the right way, the other not so much.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News