ADVERTISEMENT

Gerald Chatman officially named Colorado's DL coach

Guerriero

Buff Heisman
Staff
Apr 22, 2019
Boulder
Karl Dorrell, via Colorado Sports Info, officially named Gerald Chatman as the new CL coach, news of which was reported originally by the Athletic's Bruce Feldman last week.

Chatman, 33, was hired by Tulane to coach the DL in January and previously spent the 2021 season as a defensive analyst at LSU. In 2019 and 2020, he was a defensive assistant with the Cincinnati Bengals, working with the DL/OLBs primarily.

Chatman: “My family and I are excited to be a part of the CU and the football program under the leadership of coach Dorrell and athletic director Rick George. It is clear that a great foundation has been built under their leadership and I look forward to getting to work, leading and maximizing the potential of those I get to work with daily. I am excited to get to work.”

Dorrell: “Gerald is a young, passionate coach that is excited about joining our staff. He will bring energy, skill development, interpersonal and leadership skills to mentor our young men. He has experience on the both the college and NFL levels, and I believe has a very bright future in our profession.”

Chatman previously coached the defensive line at Tennessee State in 2017 and 2018.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News