ADVERTISEMENT

FS1 doing some in studio play by play this weekend

rward

Folsom Field King
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Petros Papadakis was in the Fox studio yesterday then magically did the Air Force at Boise State game, then I am sure he was in the studio during halftime of one of the games, now is doing WVU at Baylor. I also think Tim Brando and Spencer Tillman did games both day and also whoever does the game with Brock Huard but maybe the last two pairs did travel, but I am pretty sure Petros did not.

Petros Papadakis was in the Fox studio yesterday then magically did the Air Force at Boise State game, then I am sure he was in the studio during halftime of one of the games, now is doing WVU at Baylor. I also think Tim Brando and Spencer Tillman did games both day and also whoever does the game with Brock Huard but maybe the last two pairs did travel, but I am pretty sure Petros did not.
I know they do it quite a bit for college hoops as well.

I suppose most fans have no idea so they see it as a way ti make some more profit

Most fans could give a rats ass.
That’s what I think too. I personally wouldn’t notice one way or the other. I think during Covid business figured out most people don’t expect much and just want to be entertained and will also take marginal service. Why not take shortcuts if no one expects better or asks for better?
In this case technology makes it easy to do it anyways with little change except to the guys calling the game. They probably don’t mind traveling less even if long term it means they will get paid less. Gotta think it’s quite a toll to travel to all those games like Herbstreet and others do

I prefer guys at the game. They have spotters and see and point out things we can’t see on TV. It’s just better coverage. Herbie probably flies in private jets and works maybe 6 months and makes millions. No sympathy from me.

Reactions: CRBuff
I prefer guys at the game. They have spotters and see and point out things we can’t see on TV. It’s just better coverage. Herbie probably flies in private jets and works maybe 6 months and makes millions. No sympathy from me.
Oh no sympathy from me either. I admire him though and I think it’s a lot more than 6 months. The guy is know as a good guy who works harder than anyone. Good for him if he makes millions. I just know when I was traveling at least once week it got old. Some of these guys travel 3-4 times a week for months. Hazards of the profession if you want to make coin but I still recognize the grind

Oh no sympathy from me either. I admire him though and I think it’s a lot more than 6 months. The guy is know as a good guy who works harder than anyone. Good for him if he makes millions. I just know when I was traveling at least once week it got old. Some of these guys travel 3-4 times a week for months. Hazards of the profession if you want to make coin but I still recognize the grind
Yeah, but you didn't travel with private jets and Limos and then get 6 months off... or, maybe you did? lol...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT