ADVERTISEMENT

From the newsstand: like Juju?

Scavenger

Folsom Field King
Jul 23, 2002
https://withthefirstpick.com/2019/0...receives-juju-smith-schuster-player-comp/amp/

Compares Viska to Juju. What do you guys think? I haven't watched Juju too much as a pro, but remember him well as a collegian. Not sure I see the comparison outside of similar size (Viska's a bit bigger). Juju was mostly an over the top guy in college and hard sideline route runner (lots of hooks and outs). Viska, thus far, has been more of a run after catch guy. He catches short passes and then attacks the heart of a defense with physicality and speed. Not sure I see the comparisons in their games. Interested to see what others think.

Also, Viska got the 'gadget player' tag put on him. Now, this kind of happens when guys are high level draft picks. They get way overanalyzed. It's true he's not a great route runner, but few college players are. College offenses aren't tailored to great route running. Very few rookies make big splashes at WR in the NFL. It's usually year 2 that sees them breakout due to improved route running. With that in mind, probably unfair to call him a 'gadget player'. He's more of a multipurpose or utility player than 'gadget' which has a negative connotation. He plays all over because he's good enough to play all over and do more things than the usual WR. It's because of his versatility, not because he's just a gadget guy. Kind of an odd analysis all around IMO.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News