ADVERTISEMENT

Ford is Thinking About a Trip to Boulder

MikeSinger

Buff Hall of Famer
Staff
Mar 7, 2013

Being an uncommitted prospect being targeted by a number of schools makes for a hectic mid-January. That's what San Pedro (Calif.) offensive tackle/defensive end Nick Ford is in the midst of.

"Oh man, my dad always told me that when you're the pretty girl at the dance, everyone wants to dance with you and it's your job to choose," Ford said. "It's good for a change."

The most recent news in Ford's recruitment is that he landed a new offer from the University of Colorado. The Buffs have been recruiting him some in the past, and they finally offered him on Wednesday night.

"It was coach Hagan that offered. He said that I had a full ride and that they'd love to get me out there for a visit," Ford said. "They need a tackle and a D-end - a three-technique because they run that 3-4. They need those two spots, and they asked what I want to play. I said I'd rather play defense, and they said they'll lock me in for that spot."

Ford officially visited Cal in 2016 and was at Utah last weekend for an official visit.

"The Utah trip was dope. They showed me a good time," Ford said. "They have some nice people over there, nice athletes too."

The 6-foot-6, 285-pound three-star recruit is Cal legacy as his father, Mike Ford, played football for the Golden Bears.

"Initially when the staff change was made, yes it affected me, but then I had the new head coach and offensive line coach contact me," he said. "Actually, the offensive line coach came down (Wednesday). It's now about building a relationship with them because I'm trying to figure out where is most comfortable."

Ford left for an official visit to Washington on Friday and has one official visit weekend left. He is debating between visiting Colorado and Purdue for the weekend of January 27.

He's looking at them because both schools have offered. If USC or UCLA offer him, then he'll consider them for the final weekend of January as well.

"For my last official spot, I'm going to wait to see who's finally in the picture. I'll do my research and that'll determine who I go see."

Ford will announce his final decision as we inch closer to National Signing Day.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News