ADVERTISEMENT

FB: Rooney sums up the situation pretty well

Scavenger

Folsom Field King
Jul 23, 2002

"It might be difficult to sort through CU athletics history to find another day that revealed such polar opposites of news items as what occurred on Thursday. "

"Even when the Buffs finally get some good news, the one step forward is negated by two steps back. "

"Already lagging behind their Pac-12 peers thanks to the late hiring of Karl Dorrell and the complete lack of spring practice due to the onset of the coronavirus pandemic, by the time the Buffs get back on the practice field they will be two weeks further behind their rivals in conditioning drills. Seeing the Buffs line up for the long-delayed opening kickoff to the 2020 season will be a welcome sight at Folsom Field come November, but let’s face it — it could be a rough seven-game schedule for CU. "

Meanwhile, in Oregon...

Oregon governor Kate Brown said this past summer, when it appeared that Oregon might be the problem for the conference getting back on the playing field, that she would “make sure (the Ducks and Beavers) are not at any competitive disadvantage as NCAA lifts moratorium for voluntary on-campus workouts”. - Amazing...

Damn, all I want to do is compete on a level playing field and can't do it. Every other school will do whatever is in their power to compete and all their people make sure it happens. In Boulder, the city does everything in its power to make sure we can never turn the corner. Like Rooney said, "it could be a rough seven-game schedule for CU". I'm still holding out hope that on Monday, we learn that our leaders have convinced the city and county to allow the team to practice and train, then go back to stay at home orders. Just a couple of hours a day guys! The team isn't part of the spread despite what was reported on the hike. Fingers crossed! Bad enough that I had to pain through the Nuggets losing another conference finals to the Lakers without starting wing Barton (1 hand tied behind their backs). Now I have to go through an entire season of CU having little chance of beating anyone being so damned far behind in preparation. At least Boulder high can practice half a mile's walk down the creek path from CU's practice facilities. Yeah, that makes sense!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News