ADVERTISEMENT

FB: Can the Buffs pass ASU and AU this year?

Jul 19, 2002
Hope springs eternal around here this time of year. I guess the MBB win over AU last night got me to thinking today about the possibility of overtaking the Arizona schools between the hashes next season.

I was reading the Orlando Sentinel article about the returning QBs in the PAC12 next year. Solomon should be back for AU, but ASU loses their starter with no clear heir apparent. Also, they have a new offensive coordinator and, I believe I read here (I could be mistaken though) that they must replace 4 bodies on the OL.

I am not ready to proclaim any paper victories. However, if we are going to continue this climb up, we have to start passing teams in our division. No where I would rather start than by passing up the Cats and Devils.

Speaking of paper, the article ranked the Buff's QB situation as 8th best in the conference. However, it seems like USC and Stanford have a bigger hill to climb than us, on paper at least.

I don't expect Webb to be all-conference or anything next season (should he be our starter). If we can find a guy to just be consist, protect the ball and show some moxie late in games I could see us overtaking ASU, getting a split from the LA schools and maybe finally catching a break against the Utes.

Oh well, spring is in the air today. Time to put down the Kool-Aid and get back to work.

Reactions: LA_Buff
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News