ADVERTISEMENT

Fa'avae Fa'avae Update (he has set up an official visit to Colorado) (Q/A Added)

ChristianJames

Buff Heisman
Staff
Mar 1, 2010
I just had a chance to speak with 2017 Mater Dei (CA) linebacker Fa'avae Fa'avae. He boasts 14 offers and has been a fan favorite for the site. He has set his official to Boulder for October 1st and plans to visit later this summer. During that visit, if everything goes as planned, he could end up committing to the Buffs. I'll have more later but he loves the attention CU fans have shown him and hearing from the CU commits. Has great things to say about the Buffs.

If you want the recruiting momentum to continue, this would certainly be it.

owgdivp0eblbqhctmv9d

FULL Q AND A WITH FA'AVAE FA'AVAE

Name: Fa'avae Fa'avae
High School: Mater Dei
State: California
Height: 6-foot-1
Weight: 210 punds
Position: Linebacker
Class: 2017
Rivals Profile
Hudl Footage

Which camps have you done this summer?
"I did SC camp and I was supposed to go up to Colorado and Nebraska but the money is tight right now. I have planned an official visit to Colorado and want to also get up there at the end of this month or in early August."

When is your official visit to Colorado?
"It is October 1st for Colorado vs. Oregon State."

What type of interest have you been receiving from Colorado?
"They are showing me a lot of interest and recruiting my heavy. A lot of my coaches are telling me that it is a great school and one of my coaches went there. It is cold there and I'm ready for the change. I need to take a visit. I like Coach Leavitt and their defensive scheme there. He coached with the 9ers so it'd be great to get coaching tips from him."

How many offers are you up to?
"I got fourteen offers."

What are some of the most recent offers?
"I have had Colorado, Wazzu, Louisville, Boise State, and that are some of them right there."

Do you have any favorites?
"I haven't dropped my top five yet but obviously Colorado is definitely at the top. They are recruiting me pretty hard with Coach Chiaverini and Coach MacIntyre. I don't have a top five right now though."

When do you want to make a final decision?
I want to make a final decision before the season so before August 26th but I want to visit the places. I want to be comfortable about where I am going for the next four years."

How do you feel about Colorado?
"It'd be pretty fun if I'd go there. They have a lot of big time recruits this year. They are following me on twitter and keeping in contact."

What is stopping you from committing to Colorado now?
"My family wants to take a visit to the place I'd commit to. I have already taken a visit to Arizona State and want to take more visits to Colorado, Washington, and any schools that I am looking at. I won't make a decision until I make a visit."

Is there a chance you commit on your visit to Colorado?
"Yeah, if it goes as planned and the family goes over there. We might make a decision."

What does it mean with the other Colorado recruits keeping in touch?
"It means a lot. I feel I can do big things with this class. They are blowing up social media about me committing to Boulder. I know everyone is on the same page trying to get the Rose Bowl and a national championship."

How do you like hearing from the Colorado fans on twitter?
"The Colorado fan base is huge. They are showing me a lot of love and I appreciate that."

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News