ADVERTISEMENT

Everything we know about Jamier Johnson

Guerriero

Buff Heisman
Staff
Apr 22, 2019
Boulder
I feel compelled to admit that the title of this thread "what we know" about Jamier Johnson, the four-star 2021 CB who's committing on July 3, is something of a misnomer because frankly, there isn't much that anyone knows.

From the publishers/writers of the sites whose schools are in final contention with Johnson (Texas, USC, ASU, Oregon, Nebraska and Ohio State to Rivals' national analysts — I have been in contact with them all — everyone's ringing the same bell and citing the complete unpredictability of where the heck Johnson, who doesn't do many interviews, is going to land.

I've heard USC and Nebraska have fallen out of the race while Oregon I'm told has other CBs higher on their boards (wow, that must be nice).

That said, his 7on7 coach apparently is of the opinion that it's going to be either Colorado, Oregon, ASU or Texas, and while that isn't exactly eye-opening intel, it does narrow things down a bit.

As I even type this very sentence, there appears to be some traction in terms of a development, as two FutureCast picks have been submitted in the last 10 minutes, both predicting Johnson to Texas. They are the first such picks put in for him, so that might be legit.

Consider Texas the frontrunner as of now. Might be wishful thinking to believe CU is going to get him, but we're allowed to dream, aren't we? The potential of ending the Fourth of July weekend with two new four-stars in the Class of 2021 certainly is mouth-watering.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News