ADVERTISEMENT

Encouraging news regarding admissions

smash mouth buff

Buff Heisman
Dec 16, 2010
In addition to investing in facilities, it looks like CU admissions are allowing more athletes into the university who are academically-at-risk. I didn't think our admissions department had changed much under MM but according to this article (worth reading), they are more flexible now than they were with previous coaches.

A few notes from the article:

The recommended number of at-risk students on the football team had been about 20.

In 2013 there were 27 at-risk football players on the roster.

In the 2014 and 2015 recruiting classes, DiStefano green-lighted approximately 15 more at-risk players.

The article wasn't clear but I believe this did NOT mean 15 at-risk kids in each class, it meant 15 total for the two classes.

This indicates there will be 42 at-risk football players on the roster this year minus the number of at-risk players who have departed since the end of the 2013 season. Since we don't have any idea of what the departing number is, all I can assume is that we currently have between 30-40 at-risk kids on this year's team.

This is obviously a far greater number than the 20 at-risk kids they used to recommend and going forward it will only help MM in his recruiting efforts since we'll be able to admit more at-risk players than we did in the past.

http://www.5280.com/news/sports/magazine/2015/07/can-cu-turn-its-lousy-football-program-around

Reactions: Longtimebuff1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News