ADVERTISEMENT

Dorrell Makes All Kinds of Sense . . .

BuffaLaw8487

Buff Heisman
Gold Member
Nov 15, 2004
Highlands Ranch
. . . the more I think about it, the more KD appeals to me. I think the reaction yesterday was more a reflection of the fact that nobody was floating his name around and there was no time to run his name up any flagpoles and gauge the reaction.

Look, we all had our dream date: a successful P5 coach with a track record of success, who can recruit, motivate people, has nothing embarassing in his past . . . and agree to take what CU pays him. And oh yeah, dump his current school Mel Tucker style, right before spring practice. Tucker has not only screwed things up for CU . . . he's screwed things up for a lot of schools who are now facing the realization that the base rate for a 1st year, 5-7 coach is . . . $5.5 million a year. That's the real issue here, not the fact that MT was just another coaching carpetbagger looking for his next pay hike.

So once you accept the fact that the dream date doesn't exist and isn't jumping nude into CU's jacuzzi, you gotta decide what's most important. Do you want style points or stability? Sarkisian? Style. But Saban just made him very rich. And Sarkisian has a ton of baggage that you have to look past as an article of faith. Sark was a short term-splash. Bieniemy? Some NFL team is going to make him a very wealthy head coach. Bielema? Again, his history is more checkered than Bear Bryants hat.

So given the timing, RG and CU had to concede some stuff to get a guy in here. As Mark Kiszla alluded to this morning, more than anything Dorrell is safe and secure. The guy knows CU, has coached here before, knows the PAC 12 and if his stint with the Dolphins is any indication, is a better coach than he was 15 years ago.

What CU needs right now is the anti-Tucker. Karl Dorrell is just that.

I quote Jack Ryan in "The Hunt for Red October: "Give the man a chance".

636455654716401739-Baldwin007.jpg

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News