ADVERTISEMENT

Don't Blame Dorrell . . .

BuffaLaw8487

Buff Heisman
Gold Member
Nov 15, 2004
Highlands Ranch
. . he wasn't campaigning for this job. He was pruning his bushes at his house on East Baseline and breaking down film for the Dolphins when Rick George and Lance Carl knocked on his door with a truckful of cash. And a contract that couldn't have been more favorable to KD if KD's lawyer had stuck a gun to RG's head and told him to start drafting.

Who wouldn't say yes? CU is a nice place with limited expectations. Win 7 games and you have a job for life. Even Dorrell couldn't screw that up, right? Nope, blame business wizard Rick George. Who - after Midnight Mel bolted in the middle of RG's back surgery - was more concerned about stability and local ties than actual coaching prowess.

I'm just gonna enjoy the CFB season (yesterday was spectacular) and watch CU football the way I watch slasher movies: with interest, but with a blanket over my head. And hope that 30,000 empty seats at Folsom sends the message to the CU poo-bahs that the right football coach is probably a good idea. And that you don't have to overpay for him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News