ADVERTISEMENT

Depth chart notes vs. Stanford

Guerriero

Buff Heisman
Staff
Apr 22, 2019
Boulder
Colorado's depth chart vs. Stanford has yet to be uploaded to the site so as of now no working link exists, however, I can provide an update on a few changes:

As of now, Alex Fontenot's status for Stanford Saturday remains uncertain. He suffered a concussion in practice last Tuesday, which is why he didn't play against UCLA. He is listed as day-to-day and is still in concussion protocol. Jaren Magham is listed as the starter for now.

No news on K.J. Trujillo...I've been trying to do some digging on him — he is listed on the depth chart in italics, which indicates an injury is involved in regards to him missing the UCLA game and moving forward. Tarik Luckett thus is listed as the starter at right CB. Will report back with more intel on Trujillo when it comes my way.

Although he's not listed on the depth chart, you'd have to imagine that in the event of another injury at CB, in similar fashion to what happened vs. UCLA when Delrick Abrams left the game for a few plays, freshman Dylan Thomas would step in as the next man up. After him, I assume it'd be walk-on Curtis Appleton and after that...well...maybe let's not cross that bridge unless we're forced to.

For the second week in a row at right guard, the starting spot is listed as Jack Shutack OR Casey Roddick. Vs. the Bruins, Shutack got the start and played 43 snaps to Roddick's 26.

An encouraging note: This is the first week since he was sidelined via getting his gallbladder removed that RG Colby Pursell is listed as "day-to-day" as opposed to "out indefinitely." Could be a sign that he may return in 2019, not sure on that though.

Those are the biggest depth chart-related items I've got for you. I will upload a working link of the depth chart when it is posted to the CUBuffs.com website.

In the meantime, I tweeted this earlier and hope it'll suffice for now:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News