ADVERTISEMENT

Depth chart notes for ASU

Guerriero

Buff Heisman
Staff
Apr 22, 2019
Boulder
link to full depth chart: https://static.cubuffs.com/custompages/football/2019/cudepth.pdf

1. As was expected, Derrion Rakestraw listed as the starting strong safety for ASU. Wouldn't be surprised if we see Isaiah Lewis back there at some point in the game, too. Mikial Onu obviously is a lock and rock at free safety, but HCMT has said that Sam Noyer has shown enough progression to where he could go in.

2. Chris Miller to start at right CB for the second week in a row, with Mekhi Blackmon staying at second on the depth chart.

3. Alex Fontenot still listed as No. 1 RB. One of these days, I'm tellin' ya, Mang Mang is going to take over.

4. Blackmon has moved to No. 2 at the STAR, with Mark Perry behind him at third.

Things to keep an eye on:

1. Jon Van Diest is listed as starting ILB opposite Nate Landman. I'm hearing some chatter that he's nursing a irritated ankle — of course that't not confirmed, and JVD did not appear on the weekly injury list, but I have my suspicions that at the minimum, Akil Jones will take the majority of the snaps, if not start outright.

2. Colby Pursell listed as starter at RG: Same deal with JVD. Wouldn't be surprised if Casey Roddick, who played 60 snaps vs. Air Force after coming in for Pursell, starts at ASU. I have my doubts that Pursell is 100% right now.

Other happenings:

Carson Wells still listed as day-to-day nursing a concussion suffered on 9/4/19 during practice. Aaron Maddox timetable for return is listed officially at 4-5 weeks.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News