ADVERTISEMENT

Current Class - Kool Aid

Buff Fan42

Buff Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 17, 2001
Los Angeles, CA
It's kinda funny . . . looking at pure star rankings, this class is no better, if not worse, than our last few classes. 3 commits with NO stars and the rest are 3 stars. IF MM had this level of star rankings, most of us would be besides ourselves calling for his head.

Even with the blah star ranking of this class, it feels very different. Some of it is that we have some confidence that HCMT knows the type of players he needs to recruit because he was with OSU, Bama and UGA (as well as briefly a HC with the Jags.) Most of it to me that makes the difference is looking at the vitals for this group and the offer lists by a lot of them. Brendon Lewis, Carson Lee, Caleb Fauria, Jake Wray, Alton Julian, and Chris Carpenter all have good (if not great) offer lists, which is very different from past 15 years or so.

Add to that, looking at the size of these guys are very different. Besides Gavin Holmes (who has speed you cannot teach) and Chris Carpenter (who will have a few years to add weight to his 6 ft. frame), the size of these kids are VERY different. Holmes is the only one listed under 6 ft (and he is a DB).

I am always skeptical after being so beaten-up over the last 20 years, but I really do see a difference with the level of recruits even if the Stars are not showing it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News