ADVERTISEMENT

Coloradoan article on basketball

Scavenger

Folsom Field King
Jul 23, 2002
from the NewsStand: http://www.coloradoan.com/story/spo.../76768554/?from=global&sessionKey=&autologin=

"Larry Eustachy has guided the CSU men’s basketball team to 26- and 27-win seasons and two NCAA tournaments in his first three seasons as coach."

Errr, correction, that would be 1 NCAA tournament.

"I remember when I was in the Big 12 (coaching Iowa State from 1998-99 to 2002-03), Colorado was a gimme game, and it’s no longer a gimme game even though they’ve changed leagues."

Larry, you were 6-4 against CU in that era. That hardly qualifies as a "gimme" with you getting just 1 sweep in your 5 years there and that was a transition year for CU when we were really bad. Even with an empty arena, we were still clobbering your teams at home more often than not. You were probably not sober enough to realize that.

In fact, CU wasn't even a "gimme" game during the Harrington era either as we had years of knocking off big dogs on Wednesday nights at home. Just for you Larry, in the 10 year span between '96 and '2006, CU went to the post season (NCAA or NIT) 5 times and had a .500 or above conference record during those years. That was better than 1/2 the conference so definitely NOT a gimme game.

I hope we beat the pants off of your little team there Larry. You got lucky as luck could be last year with Scott's injury or you get blown out. You lost the previous 2 years prior to that win so you should be 0-3 against CU which would make you OUR gimme game you fool. Keep celebrating your victory over UNI. That will be the pinnacle of your season. The only relevant basketball school is CU. Don't forget that!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News