ADVERTISEMENT

Colorado on the mind of the Elite after big recruiting weekend

kyle h

Buff Heisman
Feb 3, 2005
Subbing in for Mike Singer. Here is a weekend recruiting round-up.

Head Colorado Football Coach Mike MacIntrye led off the weekend by stating that this weekend was a momentum building weekend in Boulder. Several key targets touched down in Boulder over the last few days for official visits and the Buffs also held an on-campus camp on Sunday.

Jashua Allen an inside linebacker out of River City, California looked to have enjoyed his visit as he praised Colorado following his visit, “Something great is happening here in Boulder.” Allen at 6-foot-2, 210 pounds switched from running back to inside linebacker last season where he finished third on the team in tackles and posted 12.5 TFL's and 5.5 sacks.

The latest offers for Allen are from Utah, Colorado, FAU, Iowa State, Fresno State, New Mexico, Illinois, and Colorado State which offered Allen one day before he arrived in Boulder.

5b1dddb3bd7bb-Allen.jpg

Jashua Allen

All eyes are on Jermaine Johnson as the 6-foot-6, 240-pound weakside defensive end out of Independence, Kansas took his official visit over the weekend. “I’ve got a good feeling about Boulder. I had an amazing time,” said Johnson after spending time with Mike MacIntyre.

It will be interesting to see if Colorado can make a push with the highly sought after junior college prospect as he named Miami, Georgia, UCLA, USC, Oregon, and Texas as his favorites three weeks ago.

5b1dde07d7eb9-Johnson.jpg

Jermaine Johnson

Rivals.com Three-star Cole Birmingham out of Katy, Texas in Boulder over the weekend. At 6-foot-5, 290 pounds, Birmingham remains a key target for the Buffs.

Following his trip to Boulder, Birmingham said, “I had a great official visit to Colorado. Thank you to all the staff that made us feel like family.” Over the last 24 hours, Mississippi State and Washington State have offered Birmingham.

5b1dde970f69d-screenshot_935.jpg

Cole Birmingham

Another Texas prospect Jared Hooper made it out to Colorado over the weekend. The Rivals.com Three-star who is closing in 10 offers loved his visit. “Colorado visit was the real deal,” said Hooper after getting time to visit with the Colorado coaching staff. Houston and Southern Miss are the latest to pursue the very talented 6-foot-0, 180-pound safety.

5b1ddf0a320f0-screenshot_936.jpg

Jared Hooper

Colorado extended an offer to Valentin Senn. The 6-foot-7, 280-pound Austrian offensive/defensive lineman attended Colorado’s camp on Sunday. “After a great camp today, I’m excited to announce that I have received an offer from Colorado,” Senn said on Sunday evening.

The Buffs also offered East Palo Alto, California defensive back MeKhi Blackmon. “Extremely ecstatic and grateful to say I’ve received an offer from The University of Colorado Boulder,” Said Blackmon over the weekend.

From the Class of 2020, local product Carson Lee out of Cherry Creek got time with the coaches as well over the weekend. “I had an amazing time up in Colorado. Thank you to all the coaches for making it today, so special. Can’t wait to get back up to Boulder,” commented Lee following the event.

Lee is a Rivals.com Three-star that holds offers from Arizona, Arizona State, Nebraska, Michigan, and Oklahoma State among many others.

Misc.

Carl Jones a 6-foot-1, 195-pound athlete out of Bakersfield, California has set an official visit for June 22.

Kordell Stewart was seen in Boulder over the weekend.

5b1de059e3bfa-screenshot_937.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News