ADVERTISEMENT

Christian Gonzalez

LA_Buff

Buff Hall of Famer
Gold Member
May 29, 2001

Excepts from a recent interview with Rivals Blue & Gold Illustrated: Apparently he's making the rounds and it's interesting to see what he has to say about the recruiting process.

EJ: You took two official visits in one week as you saw Arizona State and Colorado. How did those trips go for you?

CG: Arizona State was really nice to see. I liked all the coaches. It was just a good vibe there. Colorado is beautiful. It’s a beautiful campus. It’s just different there. It was great just being able to see everything out there.

EJ: Notre Dame also offers a high level education. How much is that weighing into your decision?

CG: It’s one of the best schools in the country. You get everything there — football and academics. My mom has stressed academics the most because she’s a teacher. She’s not bad at it (laughs). She doesn’t kill me with it, but she keeps it in the back in my mind.

EJ: What has Coach Joseph told you about how you would fit in scheme wise at Notre Dame?

CG: We actually haven’t talked too much about that recently. I’m not sure to be honest, but I believe they like me more as a corner. Right now, I want to be a corner. That’s where I would like to play.

EJ: You mentioned taking all your official visits and making a decision before the end of summer. But the dead period is coming up, so how do you plan to navigate around that?

CG: Yeah, I know. We’ll see. I want to take all five, so I might push my commitment back. The latest I want to do it by is halfway through the season. I know I want to see Michigan State. I’m not sure about the other one.

EJ: When it does come down to making that decision, what are going to be the biggest factors for you?

CG: Just how the vibe is and how I feel like I’m going to fit in as well as the school history and all of that.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News