ADVERTISEMENT

BuffStampede Bits: 'Twas the night before signing day

Adam Munsterteiger

Folsom Field King
Aug 5, 2003
Superior, CO
www.buffstampede.com
401066.jpg

UPDATE 10:40 PM: Beau Bisharat takes the suspense/anxiety away by announcing his decision on the eve of signing day:

Unless I hear anything new the rest of tonight, this will be my last word before signing day. I will be a little shorter with my notes tonight because my brain is pretty fried from doing signing day prep all day. Thanks to Fan Correspondent @TZISKIN for his help with it. I am really excited about the coverage we'll have on the site tomorrow.

I come bearing good and bad news...

I have heard Beau Bisharat will indeed announce his college decision tomorrow. I expect the four-star athlete prospect from Carmichael (Calif.) Jesuit to sign with Colorado. The Buffaloes are offering him an opportunity to play in the Pac-12 and a chance to playing running back in college, two things that are very important to him. As has been well documented, Cal, Nebraska, Alabama and Arizona State are other schools that have been after Bisharat since he parted ways with Stanford. He ranks No. 243 nationally on Rivals... it has been four years since Colorado last signed a Rivals250 recruit.

And nothing has changed with Juwann Winfree's status. The four-star wide receiver prospect from Coffeyville (Kan.) Community College is still expected to ink with the Buffaloes tomorrow morning.

Mike Moschetti has made it no secret he wants Keanu Saleapaga to be a Buff, but I expect the highly regarded defensive end prospect from La Mirada (Calif.) High to sign with BYU tomorrow. It would take a very surprising development for that to change in the next 13 hours.

I have not heard anything new on Murray (Utah) Cottonwood Senior linebacker Fua Pututau today, which means I will stick with my previous prediction that he will end up staying in-state for college.

I heard soon-to-be Buff quarterback Davis Webb has been very active in helping Colorado recruit here this past week. Winfree is one of the prospects he helped with.

Lastly, do not be surprised if a prospect that has never been discussed before on this board (a player from a talent rich area that is currently verbally committed to an FBS program) ends up signing with Colorado tomorrow.

Talk to you again bright and early tomorrow morning...

1787377.PNG

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News