ADVERTISEMENT

BuffStampede Bits: Mid-week visitor

Adam Munsterteiger

Folsom Field King
Aug 5, 2003
Superior, CO
www.buffstampede.com
wlibc1qrxqnxdufykp0r

Sacramento-area athlete Beau Bisharat, a four-star prospect that was previously a Stanford commitment, will be arriving in Boulder with his family today for a mid-week official visit. Bisharat has indicated this will be his final visit before next Wednesday's national signing day event.

After Bisharat parted ways with the Cardinal on Jan. 18, Buffs assistant coach Klayton Adams worked tirelessly to get him to visit Boulder. Adams will be around for all of Bisharat's official visit, and head coach Mike MacIntyre and co-offensive coordinator Brian Lindgren will be around for most of his visit.

The 6-foot-2, 215-pound Bisharat visited Tempe officially last weekend. One of the reasons the Sun Devils are a contender is because his sister attends Arizona State. Michigan and Cal, two colleges Bisharat visited unofficially earlier in the process, appear to be the only other schools in the mix at this point.

A Rivals250 member and top 40 California prospect, Bisharat averaged 9.2 yards per carry as a senior at Jesuit High School in Carmichael. He could end up playing on either side of the ball in college, as a running back or linebacker. He has received more than 20 offers throughout the recruiting process.

Additional football recruiting notes:
  • It didn't happen on Monday or Tuesday like I anticipated, but former Washington Husky and current Coffeyville Community College linebacker Drew Lewis is still expected to join the Buffaloes' commitment list very soon, possibly as early as today.
  • Colorado met with former Texas Tech quarterback Davis Webb earlier this week and the Buffs are hopeful he will commit to them before visiting Auburn in February. Since Webb can't sign any paperwork until May, there is no signing day deadline for him, but I've heard Colorado feels he is close to pulling the trigger.
  • As I posted a couple times yesterday, the Buffs are also very optimistic about their chances of flipping four-star receiver prospect Juwann Winfree from his current commitment to Pittsburgh. The former Maryland Terrapin and current Coffeyville Community College standout has been silent since his trip to Boulder last weekend, though, so I have not been able to track him down for an interview.
  • Three-star athlete Lorenzo Burns, from Temecula (Calif.) Linfield Christian School, hosted his final in-home visit with Arizona last night and he will be meeting with Colorado for the final time this evening. He will then decide between the Wildcats and Buffs. Burns said recently he will let the colleges know of his decision but wait until signing day to announce.
  • Cottonwood Senior teammates Fua Pututau and Pookie Maka are still expected to take an official visit to Colorado this weekend. I will find out later this week if there will be any other visitors. But with limited spots and a number of top targets on the hook, don't expect it to be a big weekend in terms of the number of visitors.
  • A final recruiting dead period will begin on Monday, so there are only five more days in which in-person contact with prospects is allowed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News