ADVERTISEMENT

Btotheuffs, this one is for you

lcbuff

Senior Starter
Gold Member
Aug 3, 2010
This being the "Summer of Improvement," my son attended the CU camp yesterday hoping to learn receiving techniques from college coaches, and to win the fastest man race. He didn't get any coaching from the staff, but did win the fastest man. First he won the receivers heat by a good margin, and then won the final heat that included the top 3 from the receivers, running backs and DBs heats. Although he is clearly of no interest to the staff, I was so proud of him when he won fastest man, I could barely text my wife. He worked so hard during the 3 hours, getting to the front of lines and maximizing reps that his quads locked up at BJ's after the camp.

The guy who got 2nd is a Juco from Cali who is touring the USA with his twin and a friend. They came into BJs, and he came over to congratulate my son saying "you're the guy that beat me." We talked to the three guys for a few minutes and they are living large doing camps all over. Very charming and acted surprised that CU coaches didn't talk to us, and asked how many D1 offers my son has so far.

Anyway, it was just a picture perfect day, and the CU players were great. Leavitt is in a league of his own and knows how to do it. In honor of HCMM, and, alas, the only time I'll see them together, I changed my avatar for a few days.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News