ADVERTISEMENT

Brenden Rice and Jason Harris

Guerriero

Buff Heisman
Staff
Apr 22, 2019
Boulder
Wanted to address the two above recruits and some input I myself have received regarding both of them. It's positive news in respect to both of them.

1.Brenden Rice: Saw some chatter here on the boards recently about Rice posting on his Instagram with Michigan gear (hat I think it was?). Based on what I've heard, that was a joke on the part of Rice's and there should not be any cause for concern in terms of him jumping ship.

--But obviously, when he did that, there was valid reason for concern, given that Michigan was definitely a school in the running earlier during his recruitment to land him. Even before this, a month or so ago I woke up one morning to see a tweet from young Mr. Brenden that had the title: "After a long discussion" ...it was a big typed out message and the first 95% of it read like so many de-commitments I have seen before.

But the final sentence proved Rice was pulling the legs of many, as it was a joke tweet that saw Rice simply avow his support for Chik Fil A's chicken sandwich over the competing Popeye's chicken sandwich.

Here's his tweet:

So end of story, consider him firm. Don't see him going anywhere.

Tweak your sense of humor, Brenden, you're stressing me out dude!

2. Jason Harris: As I'm sure many of you are aware, Jason Harris recently took an OV to Indiana and is on one right now at UCLA. My understanding is that it's going to take quite a lot to shake the successful visit he had at CU. I think he left Colorado telling the coaches that he was feeling pretty damn good about Boulder but at the end of the day would explore his options, including taking more OVs.

Harris most recently received another Rivals FutureCast pick foreseeing him land at CU...that was on Dec. 3 I believe. I know these things have the potential to fluctuate quickly and that Dec. 3 vs. Dec. 11 or Dec. 18 can be a lifetime in terms of what can transpire, but I'm sticking to my guns in thinking when he makes his public commitment announcement on Jan. 2 at the Under Armor All America game, it'll be a decision that Colorado fans will no doubt like.

I'll be keeping an eye on the Harris situation as he wraps his UCLA visit, but again, I think the Buffs have done well to not only sell him but keep the pressure on him in an effective, non-intrusive way.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News