ADVERTISEMENT

Big 12 coaches talk Colorado at Big 12 Media Days

Nikkieds

Buff All-American
Gold Member
Jul 19, 2022
Colorado still remains a hot topic as a new member of the Big 12 conference. Here's what some of the Big 12 coaches had to say about Coach Prime and Colorado:

Texas Tech coach Joey McGuire: "I love Deion. I always tell everybody, I coached Bucky, his oldest son, in high school and he's honestly the best dad of a player that I've ever had. He's who he is. He doesn't make any excuses and he doesn't take anything back. He's going to say what he believes in. He brings a lot of excitement and I think Colorado is going to be really good. They've added a lot of talent and they do have one of the best quarterbacks in the nation. Whenever you have a quarterback like his son (Shedeur) who can make plays with his arm and his feet, you have a chance to win games."

"I think it's going to be a lot of fun," McGuire said on the early-November matchup. "I'm glad that he (Sanders) gets to come to Lubbock first before I have to go to Boulder. I think that's going to be a big game late in the season and I'm excited to see him."

Utah HC Kyle Whittingham: "Coach Sanders has done a great job of infusing excitement and talent into that program. His own sons are terrific players. I know we didn't get to see Shedeur but, watching the tape, he's a terrific talent. Essentially, (Sanders) put Colorado football back on the map. Year two, I'm sure they're looking for progress. They started off very strong last year before injuries caught up to them and it didn't end the way they wanted. But he's definitely rejuvenated things in Boulder.

We have to go to Boulder this year; it's a tough place to play. Last time we were in Boulder, there weren't many people in the stands. Now, it's full every week so that'll be an environment that we haven't experienced."

Oklahoma State HC Mike Gundy: "I think that we're lucky in our league that he's (Sanders) with us because he brings more people, notoriety and viewers to the Big 12 Conference," Gundy said. "That's what makes it go; we need viewership and we want people to watch our teams play. It'll be fun to have him in our league. It's fun for me to have Colorado back in our league and to be able to compete against him. I can only imagine what his competitive level is so that'll be fun."

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News