State: Florida
Height: 6-foot-5
Weight: 235 pounds
Position: Defensive End
Class: 2017
Colorado Offer: Yes
Hudl Footage

Why did you pick Colorado?
"I think about everything deeply in my life and I looked where I am currently at. The vibe (in Boulder) is different and it felt completed a 180 over in Denver. It is funny though because the same problems are prevalent in that area. It is a different type of people there. One of my teammates, Greg Bryant, died (during the spring) and that put things into perspective that I want to go somewhere I will be for my four years. They have everything that I need and want. I was on campus during the summer and there were still a bunch of people there. The food was crazy good. I gained almost twenty pounds in two days."

What did you eat to gain that much weight?
"We just went to a bunch of restaurants and ate at the facilities too where the players eat. We ate all over the place. They explained it to me that a visit is different with the places you eat. The food is unlimited but it is just at the facilities. The whole area showed you a lot of love as a football place."

What did you do on your visit?
"Another big thing is that I met with a Political Science teacher. I've always wanted to go that route but with junior college I had to go the Business route. I don't regret that because I got a better understanding of business and marketing. I talked to him for about an hour and a half and that cut into the time for some of the other stuff. I really enjoyed that. We went to a bunch of places around and near the school. I went and saw where the students will be staying. I saw the facilities and how the football team operates. I talked with the coaches really in-depth about where they see me on the team. I'll be coming I right after the season."

What did they saw about your role?
"This was my first official visit and they were really personal about my life. They were asking me about my aspirations. I told them I want to go into politics. They said that is not something the average kid would say. Basically they told me with my aspirations for everything is that you have to be a beast. Starting is a not a question. That is something you have to do but I also have to dominate when I start. That is not them promising me that I'll start but what I have to do. That was the plan."

What is your background of playing football?
"I was born in New York and growing up we played basketball. I wasn’t introduced to football until in seventh grade when we moved to Virginia. I did play in seventh grade and was a bench warmer. I didn't play my eighth grade or ninth grade year.

My ninth grade year, I tried out for the JV team and got shin splints so I never actually played. Then my sophomore year, I was supposed to get the money from my parents to play but they didn’t really want me to play football. I decided to get my money myself. I mowed a bunch of lawns and worked around the neighborhood. I decided to try wrestling that year. Another thing that I will never forget, is my JV coach told me that I was the worst football player he had ever seen. That was before the wrestling season and I was wondering if I should play sports because I was such a bad athlete.

I walked past the wrestling room and saw them. I felt I could do that. The coach was old and funny. He was asking me, why don't you come out bigman? I came out before I paid for anything to try it. I feel like wrestling changed my life. It puts you into a different mindset on how you have to go hard all the time or you'll get hurt. You have to be ready once you step on the line. There was one kid, Johnny Farentino, who was captain of the wrestling team. He put me into a move that hurt so bad I feel it awakened my manhood. I'll never let anyone hurt me like that. He told me that the team needed points so he was going to wrestle me and that I straight up needed to get better. He wrestled me until I got right and I went to state my first year and every year after.

After wrestling, I got put on the varsity football team that spring. They had me running around and I was starting. We were doing okies and they had me going against the running back and he hit me too low. He hit my knee and it clicked. Then I was trying to walk and it kept clicking. I talked to the trainer and I went further and had to have surgery. They thought I tore my ACL but it turns out a little piece chipped off and it made my whole knee swell up.

I had to go to rehab for a couple of months but I worked really hard and they let me out early. I thought it was going to be six months but I got back for the last three games and started one. I really wish I had played more that year. I went up against an offensive line that had a bunch of Division I offers. He wasn’t nothing I couldn’t beat. I was doing good against him but I didn’t play the whole year.

After that, I went to state in wrestling again. I think I did track but never competed. I just ran around to get faster. The last season I played the whole year for football. It was crazy because my junior and senior year for wrestling I got new coaches. My senior year for football, they brought in new coaches and a new staff. They had me playing defensive tackle. During the summer, I wanted to stay with friends so I could do the team workouts. My mom talked to the coach and he told her that I didn’t need to stay for football practice. I thought I was going to Jamaica but I didn’t even do that. I went to New York with my Auntie to help take care of my sister and see my cousins and grandma. It was definitely worth it because my grandma died. The time with her was definitely more. I didn't lose anything."

Reactions: LA_Buff
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News