ADVERTISEMENT

Are expectations too high on this board?

Buff Predictor

Buff Hall of Famer
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
I love some kool aid as much as anyone else, but the fever is a bit out of control. I apologize in advance for the realism.

This is the best CU team since the last one to go to a bowl, however are they good enough to win in the Pac-12? Especially with so many questions at special teams? Sure, we are bigger and stronger but so is everyone else. Read up on both Arizona schools, Stanford and Utah. Everyone is praising the size of their players and how much bigger they got in the off season. USC is still USC and Oregon is still Oregon.

How would this team react to the first blocked punt, missed kick or poor kick/punt that leads to a big return? These are margins of error that CU will not be able to afford against the talented teams of the Pac-12, let alone against CSU.

I give credit to MacIntyre for making a move at defensive coordinator but have NO confidence in the special teams coach and it's a JOKE that he was allowed to stay.

Maybe (I desperately hope) Diego will kick off through the endzone, Chris Graham will be accurate on FGs inside 35 yards, plus automatic on PATs and Kinney will have improved immensely his timing and consistency. For CU to have a chance at bowl eligibility, this needs to be true.

Otherwise, it's 5-8 (at best) with MacIntyre frankly on the bubble whether he keeps his job.

I'm truly sorry guys!!!!!!!!! Wish I could partake in the kool aid!!!!!! :(

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News