ADVERTISEMENT

A fix that might be needed

dtownbuff

Buff Forever
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2009
Denver
I just thought of this as I was participating in a thread with good thoughts from @BuffaLaw8487 an @OhioBuffs

As I was responding it kind of hit me where we might be and just how radical the change may need to be. Besides a new AD which is an absolute must we have other issues.
Anyone sitting behind the Buffs sideline down close Saturday would have to be the biggest fan of all not to have seen the complete lack of organization and the apathy the players showed. That’s young men so you have to place more blame on leadership but you also
Have to question who belongs here and who doesn’t. That is a broad statement and I don’t have an answer or even want to try to figure that out where the players are involved.
I think this started back in 2015 /2016 with some coaches that caused unrest and continued to cause unrest through multiple head coaches with a me first attitude. This bled to some our kids and we have discussed that here before.
KD has made changes and some kids have transferred out or graduated. This surely helps but KD is not inspiring. From what I saw Sunday the rest of the staff of infected with this same thing and we just have little cohesion despite all the talking points leading into the season.

We clearly need a new AD and coach. However, in this time of transfer waivers etc is the only real fix to right the culture to first replace your AD and part of his staff, two hire a new coach with a new vision and direction who is allowed to hire the appropriate size team on and off the field then finally use the portal to bring in his type of guys and a buicnh of them.
I’m not suggesting this will lead to immediate wins and I believe, as do all the top coaches, you can’t build a program and win long term without excellent high school recruiting.
However, bringing in enough of the right kind of guys and putting peer pressure on those who aren’t on board might be what is needed to turn the tide.

This is bad. Really bad and I think radical change is needed. Not just at the AD and coach level. It’s time to shake the whole thing up

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News