ADVERTISEMENT

5 thoughts on Colorado football recruiting

MikeSinger

Buff Hall of Famer
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
1. Colorado commits are getting poached. I was surprised to learn that Dimitri Stanley officially visited Washington and Frank Fillip visited Notre Dame this past weekend. While right now I don't think either of them flip, I wouldn't be surprised if either of them do. I'm more worried about Fillip flipping than Stanley, but we'll just have to wait and see. On Monday night, Delrick Abrams landed an offer from Oregon, so there's another attempted poach. Abrams is very intrigued with the Oregon offer, but he's signing this week and won't be able to fit in an Oregon visit. Oregon also landed a junior college CB commitment a few hours after offering Abrams, so they might not be looking at Abrams any longer. I expect Colorado to hold on to Abrams either way.

2. Keeping an eye on Antwine. Taking a look at the targets, the two prospects I'm keeping my eye on are Israel Antwine and Mustafa Johnson. Well, I'm pretty certain Johnson is a Buff -- I basically already view him as a commit. I haven't heard much from the Antwine camp about whether or not Israel plans to sign Wednesday or in February, but I don't think Colorado is going to give up on Antwine, who is committed to Oklahoma State.

3. Cloudy crystal ball on Jordan Allen. I've reached out to tons of people about Jordan Allen, and no one seems to know where Allen is leaning. The five schools he took official visits to are Colorado, ASU, Michigan State, TCU, and Tennessee. He was going to visit Nebraska this past weekend but replaced that visit with Tennessee. Right now, I am hearing that ASU isn't that much in the picture with all of their coaching changes. My gut tells me that he's going to Tennessee because they got the final visit, but I wouldn't be surprised with MSU, TCU, or CU decisions. Typically, when a big time recruit is nearing a commitment, I can talk to sources and get a good idea of who (at least) the top two schools are, but Allen is doing a great job keeping his recruitment under wraps.

4. Rakeem Boyd may be a Buff. I thought that Colorado was Boyd's only offer, but now I'm hearing the JuCo RB has offers (or at least serious interest) from USC and Nebraska. Schools are not concerned with Boyd's talent -- there's not doubt he's a stellar running back -- but he has a lot of work left to do in the classroom. I'm told Colorado is trying to work things out with Boyd in terms of seeing if he can be eligible to get to Colorado. He won't be able to sign until February though. I'll keep an eye on this moving forward.

5. Chris Murray not signing this week. The four-star guard is arguably the top recruit on the board for the Buffaloes, and I'm told he will not sign this week as he waits to get his ACT scores back. There's no doubt in my mind that Stanford is his No. 1 option, but he really does like Colorado and I'd expect him to be a Buff if he doesn't get in there.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News