ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Valor WR Curtis Chiaverini talks ties to CU

ChristianJames

Buff Heisman
Staff
Mar 1, 2010
As the son of a college coach, Valor Christian wide receiver Curtis Chiaverini has moved frequently. But with his father now coaching in Boulder, the transition to his new high school has been one that he has enjoyed.

xrcbihncsqqlwpjly2wx

"I have moved a bunch of times so this one hasn’t been the toughest compared to moving from Texas to California. This one is easy. Plus I got some stuff around me at the school that makes it easier."

His father, Darrin Chiaverini, who is the co-offensive coordinator at the University of Colorado, has given him a great resource that he uses frequently.

"It helps because he just knows. He has been through everything I'm going through right now. Anything that I need to ask him he will know the answer. It makes it really easy just to come to him at any time. If I am having trouble with something, I know I can ask him about it or have him show me a new move. It helps a lot."

The lone camp of the summer for Chiaverini was when he spent a day with the Buffs.

"I only got a chance to go to the Colorado camp. I went there and did really well obviously because I earned my first scholarship offer from CSU-Pueblo so they were impressed. I thought I did really well but it was cut short at the end because of lightning."

Chiaverini mentioned some of the colleges that he has been receiving attention.

"There has been CSU-Pueblo, Montana, Montana State, Air Force, and so has North Carolina."

Colorado is a school that will continue to receive consideration as well but Chiaverini remains open.

"I am just feeling the process out right now. I want to be the guy that goes to college to earn my scholarship. I'm a good player so I'll have options but I don't want to say I'll be going to Colorado just because. I want to earn a scholarship from Colorado. I won't say I'll go there just because I don't want to go to the college without earning a scholarship."

i7vk6rpdnxmprcub34y9

Chiaverini knows what playing for his dad would mean to him.

"I would love it. Colorado is the place to be. They are building something and it is awesome to see. Boulder is amazing. It would be a dream come true but you have to see where the process goes."

Keeping a close eye on this recruiting class for Colorado is something that Chiaverini has been doing.

"They got some dudes coming in there. They got so many good receivers coming in. It is another reason I'm keeping an eye open but I know I'll have competition everywhere."

Another school was able to get Chiaverini on their campus earlier in the process.

"I visited Northern Colorado too for their junior day. It was pretty good. They showed me some love so that was cool."

Chiaverini is excited to see what his high school team can accomplish during his final year at the high school level.

"I think we are the team to beat. I think we are going to show out."

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News