ADVERTISEMENT

*** 12/7 Colorado Football Nuggets ***

MikeSinger

Buff Hall of Famer
Staff
Mar 7, 2013
There's a lot in flux in Colorado football right now with Mel Tucker being named head coach on Wednesday. Here are some insider notes I've been hearing the past 24 hours...

- Yesterday in Tucker's press conference, he said that he would meet with the assistant coaches on Thursday but wouldn't make any decisions on coaches this weekend. And that's the truth. He met with the assistants yesterday and won't let the coaches know who he's keeping until early next week. Don't have much on how those conversations went but the coaches liked Tucker from what I heard.

- As of this morning, the official visitors for the weekend are the five in-state commits -- QB Ty Evans, RB Joshia Davis, LB Alec Pell, and OL Austin Johnson and Jake Wiley. I would be surprised if there are any additions to that list.

- It doesn't seem that Tucker has put a whole lot of focus into contacting recruits yet. I don't know if he's talked to any since being hired. His first contact with CU recruits may just be this weekend when the in-state commits come in.

- I'm told this weekend will be "business as usual" with the in-state commits coming in. I expect the assistant coaches, although they don't know if they'll have a job in a few days, to spend time with the visitors like they normally would.

- If you missed it from yesterday, I was told that Tucker has interest in bringing over a Georgia Tech linebackers coach. Click here for more on that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News