ADVERTISEMENT

Your Alamo Bowl Game Takeaways and 5 of Mine

kyle h

Buff Heisman
Feb 3, 2005
What are your major takeaways after watching tonight's 30 point loss to Oklahoma State?

Here are 5 of mine

1. Team had zero energy. From the get-go they seemed flat and once Oklahoma State hit them in the mouth, that was it. No fight from this team.

2. How much of this loss was on Joe Tumpkin? Hard to say, while the Buffs allowed 527-yards of offense, Mason Rudolph who is Oklahoma State's Quarterback was on the money and did a great job placing the ball where Buff defenders could not make plays. Did not see many adjustments made in the second half and the defense seemed to lack that fire that we've seen under Jim Leavitt. I do feel that Leavitt leaving the way he did really affected Coloado and it showed throughout the night.

3. Sefo staying in late in the game, why?
I get it, this is Sefo's team, but he is no longer the future of the program. He's done amazing job this year, but he played a huge role in these last two regular season losses. Coming back in against Washington, he admitted that was his call. Tonight, who knows who decided to keep him in, but all season long Montez has rarely been given opportunities to fine tune his game in mop up situations. Puzzling he didn't get more playing time tonight.

4. Bad, bad, play calling - I am not a coach, nor do I act like one, but I am smart enough to know that running your quarterback on a half working ankle, again and again, isn't gong to work. The gadget plays, I am sick of them, and I felt they should have given Phillip Lindsay the rock more.

5. Offensive Line was eaten up - Oklahoma State had their way with the Colorado OL all night long.

Extra Point

Colorado ended the season being outscored 79-18 on National TV in back to back games.

What are your major takeaways after watching tonight's 30 point loss to Oklahoma State?

Reactions: LA_Buff
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News