ADVERTISEMENT

We are becoming the WWE in CFB

dtownbuff

Buff Forever
Gold Member
Sep 8, 2009
Denver
The networks absolutely get this is just entertainment and they are milking it and poking the bear to get more clips and views. Sideline interviews now all game long. They are negotiating to get access to players during the game.

Pumping up Sanders and all the “it’s personal” and other goofy things that have happened this year

Dan Lanning giving the made for TV speech

Ryan Day faking outrage at Lou Holtz then the media telling us over and over “this isn’t an act to pump up his players. He’s really mad”. Tell me something 15 times and it’s obvious you are simply fabricating interest

It’s hillarious to me becuase fans bite and fall for all of it like it’s real. It’s like watching politics and folks truly believing ther side cares about them and don’t like the other side.

It’s working though. The viewership across the board is up and up big. I don’t get it at all but we love drama in this country.

The play on the field and the matchups have never been better. The production quality has never been better. The love by alumnus for Dear Old U and all the great tailgating is there. Schools all over the country have upped the game day experience with beer gardens and live bands.

No way though viewership is what it is by the casual fan if we didn’t have this carefully crafted production for tv being made. It’s fascinating and brilliant but it’s starting to feel definitely like wrestling.

I’m just waiting for a halftime grudge match starring the old time wrestlers at a big time game on Fox.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News